* ToDo List + Trade Info: stayka.deviantart.com/journal/…
* Featured Art (Gifts, Trades + Kiribans for me): 2010
* Creating Art with the GIMP: stayka.deviantart.com/journal/…
* How to get my Kiriban + my Kiriban Art: stayka.deviantart.com/journal/…
Character quiz taken from
Write out the names of your characters and explain:
1.) How you thought of their name.
2.) What made you create the character in the first place.
3.) How the character has changed over time (If they have changed).
4.) Any random fun fact about that character.
5.) Then tag 3 people. No tag-backs.
I choose Shizukawa Himiko (Saint Seiya IC=inserted character), Astreya Kariakis (Saint Seiya IC), Alycia Blade (SvB OC=original character) and Sir Cayvyn (SvB OC) as characters.
1. Shizukawa Himiko
- her last name means "quiet/tranquil river" and her first name can be translated as "fire priestess". I loved the idea of having a "fire priestess" harassing the poor ice saint Aquarius Camus, that's why I chose that name.
- Astreya is of course derived from Astraea, the star maiden and goddess of justice who left the Earth in the age of bronze as last of the gods, and it is said that her return shall herald a new utopia on Earth. Kariakis was chosen because it sounded somewhat Greek.
Alycia Cherylla Khyshisall-Blade
aka Karylla Noir
- the name Alycia Cherylla Khyshisall was created according to the name structure I designed for the inhabitants of the planet Enaryshavell; the surname "Blade" I had to take up as Shavana chose the name "Jeremy Blade" as the name of Acy and Nardia's father. Karylla Noir just sounded neat, and "noir" is French for "black".
Sir Cayvyn of Southern Ayryana
aka Ryko Maiell
- the Naravinian names are losely based on names from Welsh Arthurian mythology; so Cayvyn is somewhat related to either Kevin or Cai
. The name of his family was just one of the place names I created for the planet Naravina. Ryko Maiell is in fact another name that is designed according to the Enaryshan naming structure.
was created to make fun of classical Mary-Sues. Himiko is hopelessly in love with Camus and would do anything to get him to marry her and have at least a dozen kids with him. Unfortunately, Himiko is 10 years older than Camus, and she gets so much on his nerves that he would love to relieve her from her misery (and even tried so by putting her into a Freezing Coffin twice so far). Unfortunately, Himiko is very resilient and she decided to adopt Hyoga as cute little son, which leads to Hyoga trying to trick Camus into accepting Himiko's advances. Camus is not amused at all, and hilarity ensues.Astreya
was another character to address typical Mary-Sue topics and turn them topsy-turvy. (Astreya is a normal girl who is too old to become a Saint and has to deal with the weird life of Athena's Saints that seem to be more like an obsolete sect worshiping an ancient Greek goddess and she reflects the strange ways of the Saints through the eyes of a common, down-to-the-earth young woman.)Alycia
is just a total over the top space opera heroine in the vein of a typical Golden Age space hero like Captain Future. She is outrageous, chaotic and doesn't take herself too serious at all. She's somewhat my answer to the typical classical male space hero. Girl power! Cayvyn
is an android whom I designed as I was fed up by most SF androids who always wanted to be human. As a matter of fact, why should he strive to become an inferior life-form that has lesser memory capacity, processing speed, sensory equipment, strength, durability etc? Cayvyn's main conflict is the question how much of a free will he actually has and how much is determined by the fact that his operating system was originally created by Alycia.
hasn't actually changed much during the story, but then, she was created as airhead and not really as a serious character in the first place. Astreya
changed a lot. She was originally a simply humorous character who served as foil to take a look at the life at Sanctuary. When she was forced to become a Saint (or get killed so that the Triangulum Cloth could be passed to a more worthy person), she became more and more somber and cynical, especially as her job became choosing kids as Saint candidates and bringing them to Sanctuary, well knowing that only maybe 1 of 10 would survive the training.Alycia
started out as bored rich heiress who took up her father's vigilante job mainly out of boredom, but in time she discovered she could make a difference with her scientific knowledge and gadgets.Cayvyn
began as a character who was rather deferent towards Acy and relied on her to make decisions and come up with interesting plans. After his elder "brother" Alan copied him a large number of files that were missing from his operating system (as Acy deleted everything she deemed inappropriate from the original OS that she found at the Firestar Crystals), Cayvyn became a lot more independant and self-assured. Now he tries to figure out what of his personality was actually created by Acy and what evolved from his self-improving AI software.
is 30 years of age, but she still wants to have at least a dozen children with Camus.Astreya
is 8cm taller than her brother Astrios and always teases him to be "her truly little brother".Alycia
hates the colour pink. As a matter of fact, she hates neon colours in general. She thinks that creating this image was the single worst idea she ever had in her life. Her space yacht "Dreamsong" is snow white from the outside and decorated with neon pink plush in the inside. Alycia can't sing even if her life would depend on it. That doesn't hinder her to sing along loud and offkey with her favourite bands that are notorious for they loud and usually very unmelodic music (think "trash metal" or "punk").Cayvyn
is perfect. Or at least that's what he claims. Acy thinks he has an ego the size of a mammoth tree. Cay can't stand the music Acy loves. His hobby is tuning spaceships.
5. As usual I don't tag anyone. ^^